|Hike: 1,5h / 2,8km(1,8mi)
elev. gain: 190m(624ft)
approx. 8h to 9h
moderate rising trail on rough terrain in tropical rainforest + staying about 2h on the beach
insurance + transport* + bilingual ecotour guide (English and Portuguese - Spanish upon request).
transfers (roundtrip) will be provided from several neighborhoods of the South Zone of Rio.*
food, water/drinks, transport out of covered area.
What to take:
ready-to-eat lunch (fruits, sandwich, etc), water (2 liters/person), sunscreen, insect repellent and a small backpack (to keep the hands free). Towel and bathing suit for the beach.
What to wear:
athletic clothes and shoes (no sandals!), hat.
Maximum capacity on regular tours:
(260BRL/person) - 6 participants. (email us for bigger groups
990BRL per group (up to 4 participants)
• Visit 2 nature protected areas
• Most secluded beaches of Rio: Prainha and Grumari
• Hike in the tropical rainforest
• 2h of amazing secluded beach (Grumari)
This tour will take you to the west part of Rio, a more untouched area where nature still shouts. Driving along the coastline and passing by Reserva Beach and Marapendi Lagoon, our first stop is at Chico Mendes Park
, a protected area where is possible to see*
caimans, capybaras and visit the project where biology students treat animals to release them back to their habitat. After that we'll head to Prainha
, a cute small beach, the surfers preferred spot, where we'll do a 1,5h hike to Caeté summit (143m = 470ft)
that reveals an amazing view of the coast and the mountains of Rio where, with some imagination, you can see the 'sleeping giant' laying down.
From Prainha we'll jump in the car and with a 5 min. drive we'll get to Grumari
, another protected beach area where you'll be able to enjoy all the lush of a tropical beach (approx. 2h of beach time). White sands, blue waters and the green all around.
*Animals (caimans and capibaras) are in nature and wild environment so seeing them is not guaranteed.
READ BEFORE YOU BOOK:
1) Type of tours:
• Collective (other participants may join): 260BRL/person
• Private (just you and your group – maximum 4 participants): 990BRL total
(for more than 4 participants email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- deposit fee on PayPal (110BRL/person) + balance 150BRL/person cash to the tour guide
- total amount cash (260BRL/person) to the tour guide.
3) Required for ALL participants: full name, date of birth and passport numbers (for insurance).
4) Transport is included from designated hotels in the South Rio, check the list and pick the best meeting point (if you’re not in any of them, choose the closest option).
5) Time shown here is an estimation of the start time. We’ll email you on the night before 08:10pm to inform exact pick up time for your meeting point.
6) Total duration can vary due to traffic and other issues, so we DO NOT recommend to book a tour on dates with important appointments (flights, other tours etc).
7) If any thing goes wrong on the booking process, email us email@example.com.