|Hike: 3,5km (2.2mi) / 2h
elev. gain: 203m(667ft)
|Total duration: approx. 4 to 5h
short and easy rising trail with height exposure and cliffs at the summit.
insurance + transport* + bilingual ecotour guide (English and Portuguese - Spanish upon request).
transfers (roundtrip) will be provided from several neighborhoods of the South Zone of Rio.*
food, water/drinks, transport out of covered area.
What to take:
ready-to-eat lunch (fruits, sandwich, etc), water (1,5 liters/person), sunscreen, insect repellent and a small backpack (to keep the hands free).
What to wear:
athletic clothes and shoes (no sandals!), hat.
Maximum capacity on regular tours:
(210BRL/person) - 6 participants. (email us for bigger groups
790BRL per group (up to 4 participants)
• Hike to Pedra Bonita (696m)
• View to Rio's coastline (South and West zones)
• Vista Chinesa (most famous summit of the park)
Hiking 50 min. uphill in an easy to moderate trail you’ll reach one of the most stunning summits of Rio de Janeiro, the Pedra Bonita
696m above sea level (2283ft), the view from this mountain reveals the amazing landscape of Rio where the ocean, lagoons and the rainforest
combines like an art piece. From a unique angle, you'll also see the famous Pedra da Gávea
, the biggest monolith close to the ocean in the world
(842m/2762ft), the 'table mountain' from Rio, that it´s the head of the ‘sleeping giant’ (some can see human traces on its East face).
The hike is through Tijuca Forest
(National Park), one of the biggest urban forests in the world with 40 km2, with a beautiful tropical and green lush,
flora and fauna. Monkeys, coatis and toucans can eventually be seen on the way. The tour also includes a stop by the Chinese View
, one of the most
impressive summits of Rio. On this tour, you’ll learn and discover the Brazilian and Rio’s history, Tijuca Forest and all about coffee farms that
used to exist there, and the reforestation that took place in the XIX century.
READ BEFORE YOU BOOK:
1) Type of tours:
• Collective (other participants may join): 210BRL/person
• Private (just you and your group – maximum 4 participants): 790BRL total
(for more than 4 participants email us at email@example.com)
- deposit fee on PayPal (110BRL/person) + balance 100BRL/person cash to the tour guide
- total amount cash (210BRL/person) to the tour guide.
3) Required for ALL participants: full name, date of birth and passport numbers (for insurance).
4) Transport is included from designated hotels in the South Rio, check the list and pick the best meeting point (if you’re not in any of them, choose the closest option).
5) Time shown here is an estimation of the start time. We’ll email you on the night before 08:10pm to inform exact pick up time for your meeting point.
6) Total duration can vary due to traffic and other issues, so we DO NOT recommend to book a tour on dates with important appointments (flights, other tours etc).
7) If any thing goes wrong on the booking process, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.