|Total duration: approx. 4 to 5h
||Hike: 4,5km (2.8mi) / 2h
elev. gain: 313m(1026ft)
short and easy rising trail on rough terrain isnide tropical rainforest.
insurance + transport* + bilingual ecotour guide (English and Portuguese - Spanish upon request).
transfers (roundtrip) will be provided from several neighborhoods of the South Zone of Rio.*
food, water/drinks, transport out of covered area.
What to take:
ready-to-eat lunch (fruits, sandwich, etc), water (1,5 liters/person), sunscreen, insect repellent and a small backpack (to keep the hands free).
What to wear:
athletic clothes and shoes (no sandals!), hat. Bathing suit + towel to swim a bit in the river.
Maximum capacity on regular tours:
(210BRL/person) - 6 participants. (email us for bigger groups
790BRL per group (up to 4 participants)
• Visit Tijuca Forest main sector
• Taunay Waterfall (biggest in the park)
• Tijuca Visitor's Center (main sector)
• Vista Chinesa (most famous summit of the park)
• Hike to Cascatinha Summit and view of the valley
• Swim in a river after the hike
On this tour you'll walk in the main sector of the Tijuca National Park
and get to know the most important attractions as the Taunay Waterfall
(35m and highest of the park), the bridge Job de Alcântara built in 1860 and used in the movie Hulk, the Mayrink Chapel and the Visitors Center.
Then our team will lead you in a short ascending hike in a rough trail through a more deep part of the rainforest, experiencing the nature and the tropical rainforest on its lush and beauty till we reach the Cascatinha Summit, 525m (1722ft) with a nice view to the valley.
After the hike, you’ll be rewarded and invited for a dip in a river* to refresh and feel the energy of the tropical rainforest. The tour also includes a visit at Chinese View
, one of the most impressive
summits of Rio.
You will discover the history of Rio and Tijuca Forest
and all about the coffee farms that used to exist there,
its golden years and the reforestation that took place in the XIX century.
Please bring bathing suit and towel so you can enjoy the river after the hike!
READ BEFORE YOU BOOK:
1) Type of tours:
• Collective (other participants may join): 210BRL/person
• Private (just you and your group – maximum 4 participants): 790BRL total
(for more than 4 participants email us at email@example.com)
- deposit fee on PayPal (110BRL/person) + balance 100BRL/person cash to the tour guide
- total amount cash (210BRL/person) to the tour guide.
3) Required for ALL participants: full name, date of birth and passport numbers (for insurance).
4) Transport is included from designated hotels in the South Rio, check the list and pick the best meeting point (if you’re not in any of them, choose the closest option).
5) Time shown here is an estimation of the start time. We’ll email you on the night before 08:10pm to inform exact pick up time for your meeting point.
6) Total duration can vary due to traffic and other issues, so we DO NOT recommend to book a tour on dates with important appointments (flights, other tours etc).
7) If any thing goes wrong on the booking process, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.