Rio Eco Secrets
'The Eco Citytour' Rio
We only work with very SMALL GROUPS, with maximum 6 participants and our activities are mainly outdoors, with very low risk, even though we’ll follow these practices to mitigate any chance of contagion.
As an option for a second day in Rio, for those who already visited the main attractions, the Rio Eco Secrets, our ‘Eco Citytour Rio’, is a great option. Combining all the main ‘green’ and nature areas of the city, visiting National Parks and protected areas that are off-the-beaten-track and not featured in the regular tours.
You’ll see different ecosystems like rainforest, waterfalls, secluded beaches, lagoons, ‘restingas’ and mangroove with caimans, capybaras and summits with magnificent views.
For those who love nature but are not willing to hike and trek, this is the perfect tour. Within 1 day, our team will take you to visit Rio, South, North, and West, picking the best nature spots.
On each of one of the parks, there will a bit of walking (but NOT hiking in trails) to get to know and experience the lush of a variety of ecosystems and maybe see some wildlife.
1) Penhasco Dois Irmãos Park, with a great view to Ipanema and Leblon beach
2) Chinese View summit (Tijuca Forest National Park)
3) Taunay Waterfall (Tijuca Forest National Park)
4) Canoas Summit (Tijuca Forest National Park)
[BREAK FOR LUNCH/SNACKS IN A RESTAURANT] (not included)
5 ) Chico Mendes Lagoon Park, where is possible to see caimans and capibaras
6) Prainha Beach (protected area), a little beach, surfer’s preferred spot, surrounded by mountains and rainforest
7) Grumari Beach (protected area), a secluded and protected beach area, where participants are invited to wade in the water or take a dip.
The Eco Citytour Rio does NOT have a proper hike on a trail. Just some quick low impact walks on the different nature attractions. If you prefer a hiking tour in the rainforest we have the HARD full-day hiking Tijuca Forest Hike (Adventure Circuit) or 2 EASY options (half-day) the Pedra Bonita Hike (Tijuca Express) or the easy Tijuca Forest Family Hike.
1) Start time shown on the calendar below is an ESTIMATION. Pick up time depends on your meeting point. We’ll email you on the night before (08:10pm) to inform exact pick-up time for your meeting point.
2) All participants must be aware the ian eco citytour Rio it’s walking tour outdoors (approx. 15 min. walk on each of the 7 attractions)
3) Total duration can vary due to traffic, so we DO NOT recommend to book a tour on dates with other important appointments (flights, other tours etc).
4) Required for the insurance for ALL participants: full name, date of birth and passport numbers.
5) Payment options:
• total amount online (credit card or PayPal)
• total amount in CASH to the tour guide.
• deposit fee online (130BRL/person) + balance cash (150BRL/person) to the tour guide (if you choose private, 50% deposit)
6) Transport is included from designated hotels in the South Rio. Check the chart below with the complete list (if you’re not in any of them, choose the closest option).
7) In case of RAIN and really BAD WEATHER, the tour can be rescheduled (according to yours and our availability). If we do not agree with a new date nothing will be charged.
|Regular / collective tour (maximum 6 people)||280BRL /person|
|Private group (total price BRL) - exclusive car and tour guide||1||2||3||4||5||6|
Get a FREE e-guidebook of Rio
7-Day Itinerary for Rio de Janeiro
NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE TOUR ABOVE?
Check some other activities, easy or hard hikes, at Tijuca Forest.
Tijuca Forest 'Family Hike'
On this tour, you visit the Tijuca Forest to see waterfalls, the lush of the Atlantic rainforest and the most important attractions of the main sector such as the Taunay Waterfall, the Job de Alcântara bridge (dated from 1860), the Mayrink Chapel combined with an easy hike in the jungle, reaching Cascatinha Summit (525m). (read complete description) [INCLUDES]: transport + tour guide + insurance, swim in a river, Taunay Waterfall and 1 more summit. (read)
- Hike: EASY (4,5km=2.8mi) / 2 to 3h / elev. gain 313m (1026ft)
- Total duration: approx. 5h (half-day tour)
- Regular/collective (max. 6 participants): 230BRL/person
- Private: from 550BRL
Tijuca Forest Adventure Circuit
Full-day | from 280BRL
Hike in Tijuca Forest National Park, one of the largest urban forests in the world. An off the beaten track circuit of trails to discover its nature and history. Visit peaks, ruins, caves and waterfalls, hiking in the deep jungle, over suspension bridges and streams, in a more hidden area of Tijuca National Park. Get ready to hike and adventure yourself! [INCLUDES]: transport + tour guide + insurance, waterfall shower, Taunay Waterfall. (read)
- Hike: HARD (9km=5.6mi) / 4 to 5h / elev. gain 651m (2135ft)
- Total duration: approx. 8 to 9h (full-day tour)
- Regular collective (max. 6 participants): 280BRL/person
- Private: from 650BRL