Tijuca Express Hike
Get to Pedra Bonita hiking
We only work with very SMALL GROUPS, with maximum 6 participants and our activities are mainly outdoors, with very low risk, even though we’ll follow these practices to mitigate any chance of contagion.
- DAILY: temperature check (limit 37,6°C=99.6°F)
- ON THE DAY OF THE TOUR (before meeting customers): temperature check (limit 37,5°C = 99.5°F) AND oxygen saturation (limit 94%).
In case of fever or low saturation the tour guide is replaced or, if not possible, the tour canceled (you can reschedule or get a full refund).
BEFORE GOING INSIDE THE CAR:
- temperature check (limit 37,6°C = 99.6°F)
- oxygen saturation (limit 94%)
- Please BRING YOUR MASK. All participants MUST WEAR IT while staying inside the car.
- Cars have their internal parts cleaned with alcohol twice a day, BEFORE and AFTER each tour.
- Windows will remain open to guarantee air circulation
- Positioning will aim to have an EMPTY SEAT between participants that are NOT together (image below). People traveling together may seat side by side.
During the hike we’ll be outdoors and remain 2m far from any other person and you have the option to also wear a face shield* (we’ll provide) if you prefer not wearing your fabric mask.
*you must wear the mask OR the face shield. You can choose. The face shield we provide are reusable, made with plastic material and will be sterilized with alcohol in front of you.
Our company has both labels by the state and federal tourism authorities (‘Rio Conscious Tourism’ and ‘Responsible Tourism’).
The Pedra Bonita hike (696m/2283ft), takes you to one of the most stunning summits of Rio de Janeiro with great views of the city, the coastline and the rainforest around (Tijuca Forest). In a 50 minute hike going uphill you’ll reach the top and see from an unique angle Pedra da Gávea, the famous majestic flat rock, the ‘table mountain’ of Rio and the biggest monolith close to the ocean in the world (842m/2762ft high). From this summit, in clear days, we can also see the West coast of Rio, Barra area with its lagoons and mangrove, also Ipanema and Leblon beaches and Dois Irmãos Hill.
The trail goes through Tijuca Rainforest (National Park), one of the largest urban forests in the world with more than 40 km2 and located in the heart of Rio. On the way up, it may be possible to see some wildlife like toucans, coatis and monkeys. During the tour, discover the history of Rio and Tijuca Forest and all about the coffee farms that used to exist there, the reforestation held in the XIX century, information and curiosities about the fauna and flora of the tropical rainforest ecosystem. The tour also includes a visit to another summit on the way, with nice views in clear days.
1) Start time shown on the calendar below is an ESTIMATION. Pick up time depends on your meeting point. We’ll email you on the night before (08:10pm) to inform exact pick-up time for your meeting point.
2) All participants must be aware and CAPABLE FIT to perform the hike (3,5km = 2,2mi / 1,5 to 2h / elev.gain 203m = 667ft)
3) Total duration can vary due to traffic, so we DO NOT recommend to book a tour on dates with other important appointments (flights, other tours etc).
4) Required for the insurance for ALL participants: full name, date of birth and passport numbers.
5) Payment options:
• total amount online (credit card or PayPal)
• total amount in CASH to the tour guide.
• deposit fee online (130BRL/person) + balance cash (100BRL/person) to the tour guide (if you choose private, 50% deposit)
6) Transport is included from designated hotels in the South Rio. Check the chart below with the complete list (if you’re not in any of them, choose the closest option).
7) In case of RAIN and really BAD WEATHER, the tour can be rescheduled (according to yours and our availability). If we do not agree with a new date nothing will be charged.
|Regular / collective tour (maximum 6 people)||230BRL /person|
|Private group (total price BRL) - exclusive car and tour guide||1||2||3||4||5||6|
Get a FREE e-guidebook of Rio
7-Day Itinerary for Rio de Janeiro
NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE TOUR ABOVE?
Check some other HARDER or EASIER options of eco-tours.
Tijuca Forest Adventure Circuit
Full-day | from 280BRL
Hike in Tijuca Forest National Park, one of the largest urban forests in the world. An off the beaten track circuit of trails to discover its nature and history. Visit peaks, ruins, caves and waterfalls, hiking in the deep jungle, over suspension bridges and streams, in a more hidden area of Tijuca National Park. Get ready to hike and adventure yourself! [INCLUDES]: transport + tour guide + insurance, waterfall shower, Taunay Waterfall. (read)
- Hike: HARD (9km=5.6mi) / 4 to 5h / elev. gain 651m (2135ft)
- Total duration: approx. 8 to 9h (full-day tour)
- Regular collective (max. 6 participants): 280BRL/person
- Private: from 650BRL
Rio Eco Secrets
('The Eco Citytour')
Full-day | from 280BRL
Visit 7 attractions in 5 different nature parks. Discover in 1 day all the beautiful nature and lush of Rio, visiting a diverse variety of ecosystems and amazing landscapes. Tropical rainforest, secluded beaches, mountains, waterfalls, lagoons and maybe some wildlife. (read)
- Eco-sightseeing: VERY EASY. The tour do NOT include hiking, only low impact short walks on each of the 7 attractions
- Total duration: approx. 8h (full-day tour)
- Regular/collective (max. 6 participants): 280BRL/person
- Private: from 650BRL