Tijuca Adventure Circuit
A full-day hike at Tijuca Forest
We only work with very SMALL GROUPS, with maximum 6 participants and our activities are mainly outdoors, with very low risk, even though we’ll follow these practices to mitigate any chance of contagion.
- DAILY: temperature check (limit 37,6°C=99.6°F)
- ON THE DAY OF THE TOUR (before meeting customers): temperature check (limit 37,5°C = 99.5°F) AND oxygen saturation (limit 94%).
In case of fever or low saturation the tour guide is replaced or, if not possible, the tour canceled (you can reschedule or get a full refund).
BEFORE GOING INSIDE THE CAR:
- temperature check (limit 37,6°C = 99.6°F)
- oxygen saturation (limit 94%)
- Please BRING YOUR MASK. All participants MUST WEAR IT while staying inside the car.
- Cars have their internal parts cleaned with alcohol twice a day, BEFORE and AFTER each tour.
- Windows will remain open to guarantee air circulation
- Positioning will aim to have an EMPTY SEAT between participants that are NOT together (image below). People traveling together may seat side by side.
During the hike we’ll be outdoors and remain 2m far from any other person and you have the option to also wear a face shield* (we’ll provide) if you prefer not wearing your fabric mask.
*you must wear the mask OR the face shield. You can choose. The face shield we provide are reusable, made with plastic material and will be sterilized with alcohol in front of you.
Our company has both labels by the state and federal tourism authorities (‘Rio Conscious Tourism’ and ‘Responsible Tourism’).
On this Tijuca Forest hike you’ll walk in circuit of trails designed by our team of experts in this National Park. The main idea is to give you a great variety of sensations and experiences. Mountains, peaks, views but also caves, waterfalls, ruins of an old coffe farm and, of course, a lot of nature and some adventure. Using ‘not so poular’ trails, in a more hidden and unique part of the park, most of the times we don’t see anyone else. This tour gives the opportunity to hike in the Tijuca Forest, one of the largest urban forests in the world, with 40km2. On this off beaten track circuit of trails you’ll discover the nature and lush of the atlantic tropical rainforest. Hiking in the deep jungle, crossing streams over suspension bridges you’ll reach the Taquara Hills (814m=2670ft), a 100m higher than the Christ Redeemer Statue, with magnificent views to the valley of Tijuca Forest and the West part of Rio, in clear days. Get ready to walk, hike and adventure yourself!
After the hike, refresh yourself showering in a waterfall* (bring towel and bathing suit).
The scenery of this tour is amazing and more than nature, it has a lot of adventurous moments inside the rainforest visiting sites that are not featured in most tours. On our way up, you will also learn the history of Rio and Tijuca Forest and all about the coffee farms that used to exist there, its golden years and the re-forestation held in the XIX century.
*The water flow on the falls varies according to the recents rain and sometimes maybe not that intense.
This Tijuca Forest Hike is a HARD full-day hiking tour and requires good fitness. If you prefer an EASY half-day hike please check our other options of Tijuca Forest hikes, the Pedra Bonita Hike (Tijuca Express) or the easy Tijuca Forest Family Hike. We also have a tour with NO HIKING, an eco-sightseeing activity, the Rio Eco Citytour.
1) Start time shown on the calendar below is an ESTIMATION. Pick up time depends on your meeting point. We’ll email you on the night before (08:10pm) to inform exact pick-up time for your meeting point.
2) All participants must be aware and CAPABLE FIT to perform this Tijuca Forest hike (9km = 5,6mi / 4 to 5h / elev.gain 651m = 2135ft)
3) Total duration can vary due to traffic, so we DO NOT recommend to book a tour on dates with other important appointments (flights, other tours etc).
4) Required for the insurance for ALL participants: full name, date of birth and passport numbers.
5) Payment options:
• total amount online on PayPal
• total amount in CASH to the tour guide.
• deposit fee on PayPal (130BRL/person) + balance cash (150BRL/person) to the tour guide (if you choose private, 50% deposit)
6) Transport is included from designated hotels in the South Rio. Check the chart below with the complete list (if you’re not in any of them, choose the closest option).
7) In case of RAIN and really BAD WEATHER, the tour can be rescheduled (according to yours and our availability). If we do not agree with a new date nothing will be charged.
|Regular / collective tour (maximum 6 people)||280BRL /person|
|Private group (total price BRL) - exclusive car and tour guide||1||2||3||4||5||6|
Get a FREE e-guidebook of Rio
7-Day Itinerary for Rio de Janeiro
NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE TOUR ABOVE?
Check some other tours and Tijuca Forest hikes and eco-tours.
Tijuca Forest 'Family Hike'
On this tour, you visit the Tijuca Forest to see waterfalls, the lush of the Atlantic rainforest and the most important attractions of the main sector such as the Taunay Waterfall, the Job de Alcântara bridge (dated from 1860), the Mayrink Chapel combined with an easy hike in the jungle, reaching Cascatinha Summit (525m). (read)
- Hike: EASY (4,5km=2.8mi) / 2 to 3h / elev. gain 313m (1026ft)
- Total duration: approx. 5h (half-day tour)
- Regular/collective (max. 6 participants): 230BRL/person
- Private: from 550BRL
Rio Eco Secrets
('The Eco Citytour')
Full-day | from 280BRL
Visit 7 attractions in 5 different nature parks. Discover in 1 day all the beautiful nature and lush of Rio, visiting a diverse variety of ecosystems and amazing landscapes. Tropical rainforest, secluded beaches, mountains, waterfalls, lagoons and maybe some wildlife. (read)
- Eco-sightseeing: VERY EASY. The tour do NOT include hiking, only low impact short walks on each of the 7 attractions
- Total duration: approx. 8h (full-day tour)
- Regular/collective (max. 6 participants): 280BRL/person
- Private: from 650BRL