Tijuca Adventure Circuit
A full-day challenging hike at Tijuca Forest
On this Tijuca Forest hike you’ll walk in circuit of trails designed by our team of experts in this National Park. The main idea is to give you a great variety of sensations and experiences. Mountains, peaks, views but also caves, waterfalls, ruins of an old coffe farm and, of course, a lot of nature and some adventure. Hiking ‘not so poular’ trails, in a more hidden and unique part of the park, most of the times we don’t see anyone. This tour gives the opportunity to explore and hike Tijuca Forest, one of the largest urban forests in the world, with 40km2. On this off beaten track circuit of trails you’ll discover the nature and lush of the atlantic tropical rainforest. Hiking in the deep jungle, crossing streams over suspension bridges you’ll reach the Taquara Hills (814m=2670ft), a 100m higher than the Christ Redeemer Statue, with magnificent views to the valley of Tijuca Forest and the West part of Rio, in clear days. Get ready to walk, hike and adventure yourself!
After the hike, refresh yourself showering in a waterfall* (bring towel and bathing suit).
The scenery of this tour is amazing and more than nature, it has a lot of adventurous moments inside the rainforest visiting sites that are not featured in most tours. On our way up, you’llalso learn the history of Rio and Tijuca Forest and all about the coffee farms that used to exist there, its golden years and the re-forestation held in the XIX century.
(*the water flow on the falls varies according to intensity and recency of the rain)
This Tijuca Forest Hike is a HARD full-day hiking tour and requires good fitness. If you prefer an EASY half-day hike please check our other options of Tijuca Forest hikes, the Pedra Bonita Hike (Tijuca Express) or the easy Tijuca Forest Family Hike. We also have a tour with NO HIKING, an eco-sightseeing activity, the Rio Eco Citytour.
1) Start time shown on the calendar below is an ESTIMATION. Pick up time depends on your meeting point. We’ll email you on the night before (08:10pm) to inform exact pick-up time for your meeting point.
2) All participants must be aware and CAPABLE FIT to perform this Tijuca Forest hike (10,4km = 6,5mi / 4 to 5h / elev.gain 848m = 2782ft)
3) Total duration can vary due to traffic, so we DO NOT recommend to book a tour on dates with other important appointments (flights, other tours etc).
4) Required for the insurance for ALL participants: full name, date of birth and passport numbers.
5) Payment options:
• total amount online (credit card or PayPal)
• total amount in CASH to the tour guide.
• deposit fee online + balance (cash) to the tour guide
6) Transport is included from designated hotels in the South Rio. Check the chart below with the complete list (if you’re not in any of them, choose the closest option).
7) In case of RAIN and really BAD WEATHER, the tour can be rescheduled (according to yours and our availability). If we do not agree with a new date nothing will be charged.
Requires good fitness. Tijuca Forest hike in a long and steep trail (rough terrain), up and downhill, inside the tropical rainforest. Age: above 13 years old
|Regular / collective tour (maximum 6 people)||
1 adult solo (age 13+): 420BRL
2 or more 380BRL/person
|Private group (total price BRL) - exclusive car and tour guide||1||2||3||4||5||6|
Get a FREE e-guidebook of Rio
7 Day Itinerary for Rio de Janeiro
NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE TOUR ABOVE?
Check some other tours and Tijuca Forest hikes and eco-tours.
Tijuca Forest 'Family Hike'
Half-day | from 310BRL
On this tour, you visit the Tijuca Forest to see waterfalls, the lush of the Atlantic rainforest and the most important attractions of the main sector such as the Taunay Waterfall, the Job de Alcântara bridge (dated from 1860), the Mayrink Chapel combined with an easy hike in the jungle, reaching Cascatinha Summit (525m). [INCLUDES]: transport + tour guide + insurance (read)
- Hike: EASY (4,5km=2.8mi) / 2 to 3h / elev. gain 313m (1026ft)
- Total duration: approx. 5h (half-day tour)
- Regular/collective (max. 6 participants): from 280BRL/person
- Private: from 700BRL
Rio Eco Secrets
('The Eco Citytour')
Full-day | from 380BRL
Visit 7 attractions in 4 different nature parks. Discover in 1 day all the beautiful nature and lush of Rio, visiting a diverse variety of ecosystems and amazing landscapes. Tropical rainforest, secluded beaches, mountains, waterfalls, the best viewpoints in Rio, lagoons and maybe some wildlife. [INCLUDES]: transport + tour guide + insurance (read)
- Eco-sightseeing: VERY EASY. The tour do NOT include hiking, only low impact short walks on each of the 7 attractions
- Total duration: approx. 8h (full-day tour)
- Regular/collective (max. 6 participants): from 330BRL/person
- Private: from 850BRL