A half-day Tijuca Forest easy hike
We only work with very SMALL GROUPS, with maximum 6 participants and our activities are mainly outdoors, with very low risk, even though we’ll follow these practices to mitigate any chance of contagion.
- DAILY: temperature check (limit 37,6°C=99.6°F)
- ON THE DAY OF THE TOUR (before meeting customers): temperature check (limit 37,5°C = 99.5°F) AND oxygen saturation (limit 94%).
In case of fever or low saturation the tour guide is replaced or, if not possible, the tour canceled (you can reschedule or get a full refund).
BEFORE GOING INSIDE THE CAR:
- temperature check (limit 37,6°C = 99.6°F)
- oxygen saturation (limit 94%)
- Please BRING YOUR MASK. All participants MUST WEAR IT while staying inside the car.
- Cars have their internal parts cleaned with alcohol twice a day, BEFORE and AFTER each tour.
- Windows will remain open to guarantee air circulation
- Positioning will aim to have an EMPTY SEAT between participants that are NOT together (image below). People traveling together may seat side by side.
During the hike we’ll be outdoors and remain 2m far from any other person and you have the option to also wear a face shield* (we’ll provide) if you prefer not wearing your fabric mask.
*you must wear the mask OR the face shield. You can choose. The face shield we provide are reusable, made with plastic material and will be sterilized with alcohol in front of you.
Our company has both labels by the state and federal tourism authorities (‘Rio Conscious Tourism’ and ‘Responsible Tourism’).
On this Tijuca Forest easy hike, in the main sector of the National Park, history and culture are all over us. You’ll get to know the most important attractions as the Taunay Waterfall (highest of the park), Job de Alcântara Bridge, built in 1860 (used as a location in the movie Hulk), the Mayrink Chapel (built in 1850), and the Visitors’ Center. Our team will lead you in a 2,5h hike (up and downhill hike), using trails and ancient paths of old coffe farms, walking next to rivers, experiencing nature and discovering the tropical rainforest, considered one of the largest urban forests in the world until reach the Cascatinha Summit, 525m (1722ft). From the summit, an amazing view of the valley is revealed and it’s possible to see the whole mountain range and the highest peaks of the park, like the Tijuca Peak (1,021m).
During the tour, you will learn and discover the history of Rio, Brazil and Tijuca Forest, all about the coffee farms that used to exist there, the re-forestation held in the XIX century and a lot of information and curiosities about the local fauna, flora and the atlantic tropical rainforest biome.
After the hike, you have the option to refresh yourself swimming in a small river* (bring towel and bathing suit).
*The water flow on the river varies according to the intensity and how recent was the rain.
The Tijuca Forest easy hike (Family Hike) is an EASY half-day tour, if you prefer a more adventurous and challenging hike (HARD full-day hiking tour) please check our other option of hike at Tijuca Forest (Tijuca Adventure Circuit). We also have a tour with NO HIKING, an eco-sightseeing activity, the Rio Eco Secrets Citytour.
1) Start time shown on the calendar below is an ESTIMATION. Pick up time depends on your meeting point. We’ll email you on the night before (08:10pm) to inform exact pick-up time for your meeting point.
2) All participants must be aware and CAPABLE FIT to perform the Tijuca Forest easy hike (4,5km = 2.8mi / 2,5h / elev.gain 313m = 1026ft)
3) Total duration can vary due to traffic, so we DO NOT recommend to book a tour on dates with other important appointments (flights, other tours etc).
4) Required for the insurance for ALL participants: full name, date of birth and passport numbers.
5) Payment options:
• total amount online on PayPal
• total amount in CASH to the tour guide.
• deposit fee on PayPal (130BRL/person) + balance cash (100BRL/person) to the tour guide (if you choose private, 50% deposit)
6) Transport is included from designated hotels in the South Rio. Check the chart below with the complete list (if you’re not in any of them, choose the closest option).
7) In case of RAIN and really BAD WEATHER, the tour can be rescheduled (according to yours and our availability). If we do not agree with a new date nothing will be charged.
Requires some fitness. Tijuca Forest easy hike (2,5h trail walk), ascending going up and down hill on rough terrain, inside the tropical rainforest.
|Regular / collective tour (maximum 6 people)||230BRL /person|
|Private group (total price BRL) - exclusive car and tour guide||1||2||3||4||5||6|
Get a FREE e-guidebook of Rio
7-Day Itinerary for Rio de Janeiro
NOT SO SURE ABOUT THE TOUR ABOVE?
Check some other hikes at Tijuca Forest and eco-tours.
Tijuca Forest Adventure Circuit
Full-day | from 280BRL
Hike in Tijuca Forest National Park, one of the largest urban forests in the world. An off the beaten track circuit of trails to discover its nature and history. Visit peaks, ruins, caves and waterfalls, hiking in the deep jungle, over suspension bridges and streams, in a more hidden area of Tijuca National Park. Get ready to hike and adventure yourself! [INCLUDES]: transport + tour guide + insurance, waterfall shower, Taunay Waterfall. (read)
- Hike: HARD (9km=5.6mi) / 4 to 5h / elev. gain 651m (2135ft)
- Total duration: approx. 8 to 9h (full-day tour)
- Regular collective (max. 6 participants): 280BRL/person
- Private: from 650BRL
Rio Eco Secrets
('The Eco Citytour')
Full-day | from 280BRL
Visit 7 attractions in 5 different nature parks. Discover in 1 day all the beautiful nature and lush of Rio, visiting a diverse variety of ecosystems and amazing landscapes. Tropical rainforest, secluded beaches, mountains, waterfalls, lagoons and maybe some wildlife. (read)
- Eco-sightseeing: VERY EASY. The tour do NOT include hiking, only low impact short walks on each of the 7 attractions
- Total duration: approx. 8h (full-day tour)
- Regular/collective (max. 6 participants): 280BRL/person
- Private: from 650BRL